Dear friend of Coleman,
You’ve probably heard talk that the feds are planning massive ICE raids in Northern California. The potential raids would be a blatant political attack against sanctuary cities, centering on the Bay Area. Up to 1,500 immigrants could be taken from our families and our communities.
Will you defend immigrant communities and stand up for sanctuary?
Here are three ways you can respond with power not panic*:
- Text RESIST to 41411 for emergency action alerts through Bay Resistance, and RSVP and share this action.
- Share these local rapid response hotlines to report ICE activity and get support. You can also share this flyer with hotline numbers.
- San Francisco: (415) 200-1548
- Alameda County: (510) 241-4011 (also taking Contra Costa calls for now)
- San Mateo (+ SF, Oakland, Berkeley): (203) 666-4472
- Santa Clara County: (408) 290-1144
- Marin County: (415) 991-4545
- North Bay (Sonoma, Solano): (707) 800-4544
- Sacramento: (916) 245-6773
- Santa Cruz County: (831) 239-4289
- Monterey County: (831) 643-5255
- Fresno and Central Valley: (559) 206-0151
- Offer resources. Here’s a collection of resources, including know your right materials and info for workplaces and schools.
- Thanks to the work of SEIU USWW and others, California passed AB 450 last year which offers stronger protections for immigrants at their workplace. Check out their flyer in English and Spanish about workplace rights under AB 450.
*Thanks to Jobs with Justice SF for the action items and NCRRIDN for the resource lists. Thanks to the California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance for their framing and helpful guide on responding to rumors of ICE raids with power not panic.